Job Opening: Case Manager
CFPD is looking for a new Case Manager to join our team! This position works with beneficiaries in accessing their trust funds to enhance the quality of their lives as well as providing case management to people with disabilities and seniors who are receiving services from the Colorado Fund for People with Disabilities (CFPD). Our new Case Manager will be a detail oriented person who has a desire to help others enhance the quality of their lives. The position involves beneficiary and family contact, planning, facilitating, advocating, shopping, billing and documenting.
Overview of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
· Assess the current situation and the supplemental needs of CFPD beneficiaries as assigned. Develop a plan to meet the identified needs.
· Facilitate the purchase of goods and/or services to meet the supplemental needs of the beneficiary as outlined in CFPD policies and procedures.
· Maintain contact with beneficiaries, guardians or family as needed to meet the individual needs of the beneficiary.
· Make referrals to other organizations, agencies or service providers, as necessary, for the benefit of the beneficiary.
· Keep accurate records of the time spent working on behalf of the beneficiary per CFPD procedure.
· Maintain accounting records for supplemental needs request and monthly billing for each beneficiary.
· Maintain files for each beneficiary/client.
· Provide information, as necessary, to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
· Management of day to day, week to week activities consistent with job roles and organizational goals and objectives.
· Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Use and maintain various forms of office technology; with skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn proprietary or CFPD specific software.
· Willingness and ability to account for time spent on tasks using billing software.
· Skills and experience to perform general office duties to ensure the smooth operation of the office, regulatory compliance and improvement of procedures where appropriate.
· Ability to work well with many different stakeholders; who will include other employees, Beneficiaries of the Trust, members of the Board of Directors, vendors and service providers, benefit eligibility technicians, attorneys, and others.
· Ability to interact with people who have disabilities, and their families, with sensitivity and tact.
Required Education or Job Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Three-five years’ experience working with people with disabilities.
· Car required. Must be able to drive, and willing to drive throughout the metro area and outside the metro area. Will occasionally transport clients.
· Heavy phone contact requires ability to speak clearly and hear well on the telephone.
We offer a friendly environment in a central location with assigned parking.$18.15 per hour with excellent benefits, 100% employer paid.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Kathleen Kellams, Director of Beneficiary Services, email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.15 /hour
· Working with individuals with disabilities: 3 years